[ RED ]
1. Closest red thing to you? A red Pilot V Razor Point pen (extra fine), a red stopwatch/timer, and a red box of Gee's Bend notecards. There is a red letter opener on the table next to me, and red-orange terracotta pots with herbs in them to my right. A red camera bag on the floor, and a red spine on the Utrecht catalogue on the table in the kitchen.
2. Has anyone ever cheated on you in a relationship? I don't know. I don't think so, but then again, I haven't had many actual relationships, usually just passing encounters. And they don't count as relationships. But I have been "the other womyn," all but twice without knowing it. I'm more often the one cheated with than the one cheated on.
3. Last thing to make you angry? Listening to my best friend tell me about the atrocities committed against hir by someone shi was married to, and feeling the heat rise in my throat.
4. Are you a fan of romance? I was certain to be a hopeless romantic forever. Now, I'm a romantic who isn't quite so hopeless anymore.
5. Have you ever been in love? Yes. Each time I fall in love, one of us seems to fall out of love. I just try to love as deeply and fully as I can. I learned my lesson the last time. I'm wary of falling in love. But loving someone ... That's a whole 'nother story ...
6. Do you have a temper? Mostly not, but I'm learning to honor my righteous rage and feel that anger. I'm working on it.
[ GREEN ]
1. Closest green thing to you? My housemate's green folder, the plants in front of both windows, the box from an iPod shuffle, Toni Childs' "the woman's boat" cd case ... I like green. I want green shoes. Oh, and my green wristwarmers. I forgot I am wearing them.
2. Do you care about the environment? Intensely, passionately, deeply. My closest friend is a nature photographer, and I'm so lucky, because I get to be in the environment all the time.
3. Are you jealous of anyone right now? I'm not "jealous" of anyone, but I am feeling a little bit of envy on occasion because there are things I would like in my life, things I want to do and see, and I'm not in a place where I can do those things, and that makes me a little envious, but then I get really happy for them and know that if I am meant to do them/have them/see them, it will happen. I can make it happen.
4. Are you a lucky person? Ummmm, I've been called a good luck charm by others, but I just know that I am lucky to be alive and healthy and happy, despite all the shit and crap in my life. I could be dead now, so that makes me lucky.
5. Do you always want what you can't have? Well, when I was young my mum told me I have champagne taste on a tap-water budget ... I like nice things, but I don't always want them if I have something else. I try to be really grateful for what I have, materially and otherwise.
6. Are you Irish? I don't think so, but I have always felt an affinity for the Isles. I'd like to visit there, living in a little cottage on the shore, writing and taking photographs. Yeah, that'd be nice.
[ PURPLE ]
1. Last purple thing you saw? My arms, as the shirt I'm wearing is purple, and I can see them as I type. Before that, probably the fitted sheet on my mattress, it's purple too.
2. Like being treated to expensive things? Yes. I do. Because I deserve nice things, and often those nice things are expensive. But I don't expect them. That's the thing I've learned in life ... I like them, but I don't expect them.
3. Do you like mysterious things? That's funny. Growing up, all my favorite books were mystery books, and I still love Agatha Christie's works. But now I'm in a magickal tradition that is based in the Mysteries ... I guess we all make our choices, which lead us to our future ...
4. Favourite type of chocolate? Dark chocolate between 55%-68% cacao content ... Oh, and REAL truffles. Yes, I like those a lot.
5. Ever met any royalty? I met Tipper Gore when shi was Second Lady ... And I've seen Dolly Parton, the Queen of Country Music ...
6. Are you creative? Yes. At least, I think so.
7. Are you lonely? Not in this moment. I am trying to let go of my fear of being alone and being lonely, and honoring my time in solitude. And enjoying my time in the company of others.
[ BLUE ]
1. Closest blue thing to you? My blue notebook for November and the blue on the SmartWater bottle.
2. Are you good at calming people down? If they will let me ...
3. Do you like the ocean? Yes. I need the ocean. The first visit to the ocean, the Pacific, I knew I would come back at least once a year. I'm about due for another trip ...
4. What was the last thing that made you cry? Listening to the horrible things that a close friend has experienced, and being afraid at losing our friendship.
5. Are you a logical thinker? Umm ... If logic is a spiral, I'm all over it.
6. Can you sleep easily? Sometimes. If there is someone else in the bed, someone I have invited, I sleep really well. Otherwise, I usually wake up screaming.
7. Do you prefer the beach or the woods? Normally (pre-Washington), I would have said the woods. But romping on the beach every day (practically) gave me a new beach, one I love and miss deeply. So, I need both, actually. The grey beaches of the Pacific Northwest, and the deep green forests of both Washington (cedars) and the Midwest (pines)
[ YELLOW ]
1. Closest yellow thing to you? A donation flyer for the Easter Seals and the sunshine in the backyard.
2. The happiest time(s) of your life? Oh, there are lots. In ritual. On the beach. At the ocean. Watching Grr and Invader Zim snuggled on the sofa. Eating a bowl of Special K my best friend bought me. Michigan Womyn's Music Festival. Singing. Dancing to the drums around the fire. Too many to name ...
3. Favourite holiday? One spent with family and friends, with laughter and joy, with good food and lots of fun!
4. Are you a coward? It depends. What do you want me to do?
5. Do you burn or tan? Tan. And then it stays that way for a long time. My skins got olive undertones ... Like the Gypsies ...
6. Do you want children? I don't know. Sometimes. I'd rather support children who are born unwanted.
7. What makes you happy? The happy times of my life. And thinking about being happy. And cheese.
[ PINK ]
1. Closest pink thing to you? A highlighter on the table next to me.
2. Do you like sweet things? Yes. I do. Especially chocolate
3. Like play-fighting? No. Bad memories associated with that. No. Hate it.
4. Are you sensitive? Does it rain in Seattle?
5. Do you like punk music? No. I have a couple of CD's, and there might be one or two songs I like, but I don't consider them punk, so No.
6. What is your favourite flower? Lilac and lavender and hyacinth and rose and alyssum in the springtime.
7. Does someone have a crush on you? I don't know. Do you?
[ ORANGE ]
1. Closest orange thing to you? A piece of scratch paper and a business card in the rolodex.
2. Do you like to burn things? Yes. I burn candles almost daily, and I have recently found a wonderful incense I truly enjoy called "Song of India Temple" incense, and I'm hoping to get some of my own so I don't keep burning other peoples. It is delicious.
3. Dress up for Halloween? The last time I dressed up, it was as a nun with black fishnet stockings and six inch heels. I love dressing up.
4. Are you usually a warm-hearted person? I try to be, unless you've done something to piss me off. Strong to my enemies, tender to those I love ... Leslie Feinberg said that.
5. Do you prefer the single life or the security of a relationship? I am fiercely independent and can become overly dependent in a relationship. I'm learning how to balance the two. I need to be in a relationship with an equal, then things will be right.
6. What would your super power be? The ability to create a rennet-free brie cheese. Oh, and world peace. :)
[ WHITE ]
1. Closest white thing to you? Pieces of scrap paper, the MacBook I'm writing on, mail, powerstrips, my eyeballs.
2. Would you say you're innocent? No. I don't remember being innocent ... :D
3. Always try to keep the peace? I'd like to think so, but I know I have caused problems and not helped the peace in some situations. I'm only human, not perfect, and I'm okay with that.
4. How do you imagine your wedding? Um, a handfasting done by the two most important High Priestesses in my life, in the woods, with water from the ocean and rocks from the mountains, with my Butch partner, in a lavender gown with a wreath of lavender on my head. I hadn't really thought about it ...
5. Do you like to play in the snow? Hoooray! Snow Angels! Hooray!!!!!
6. Are you afraid of going to the doctors or dentist? Not afraid, just unable to afford. And I'm only willing to see femelle physicians ... The boys fondle me too much.
[ BLACK ]
1. Closest black thing to you? Three black pens, black socks, black underthings, black camera, black cords, black poster. I want a black journal here, but not yet.
2. Ever enjoy hurting people? No. It makes me physically ill.
3. Are you sophisticated or silly? Both. Sophisticated at times, a big kid on the playground others.
4. Do you have a lot of secrets? Not really. There is usually at least one person I tell my secrets to; they don't know them all -- I tell one person one secret, a different person another ... That way, no one knows them all.
5. What is your favourite colour(s)? Purple. Red. Green. Black. Silver. Anything sparkly or glittery. Sequins.
6. Does the colour you wear affect your mood? Sometimes. But it is more often that I pick my color to match my mood. It's why I need so many different colored tee-shirts. One in every color of the homo rainbow ...